Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards
NBMA Lagos, Nigeria
CONSULT TOK86 INT’L TO MANAGE YOUR SUBSEQUENT AWARD EVENT: PROFESSIONALISM IS KEY
I applaud the organisers of the 6th Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (NBMA) which took place on 27th February, 2016 at Barcelona Hotel, Wuse2 Abuja, for their consistancy and painstaking in the business of Recognising, Appreciating and Celebrating hardwork and excellence in the broadcast (Media) profession.
Your choice of hosting the 6th Edition in F.C.T Abuja (Barcelona Hotel) other than Lagos State is indeed commendable. It shows your ability to carry all broadcasters along. I must say “Thumbs up”.
Meanwhile, despite the successfully hosting of the 6th NBMA, I noticed a lot of flaws and lack of professionalism at the over HYPED Award event.
The event was poorly managed/organised, despite the presence of top-rated Government officials, media veterans, Broadcast gurus, media houses and fans.
Though, we took advantage of the boring moments to network with fellow personalities present.
I was disappointed when I heard some respected broadcasters said ” When you hear of NBMA, just shout zero”. “They better continue hosting the award in Lagos, cos Abuja is used to classic and well package events”
“A 6 year old baby suppose don dey waka and talk na” Growth and Development.
Here are my observations at the award event:
1. The event which was slated for 2pm (Red Carpet) and 4pm (Main Event), started 2hrs behind the scheduled time.
Nominees/broadcaster came exactly 2pm cos, it is a noble profession that values and respects time. Though, the RED CARPET was fantastic and amazing, couple with the cocktail for guest but less of media presence.
The Minister of Communication, Barr Abdur-Raheem Adebayo Shittu came-in some minutes to 6pm and immediately the main event started. Though, he spent just 20 minutes at the event.
2. The HOSTS (Isaac and Nneka Moses of Goge Africa) didn’t impress us, while anchoring the event. Though, I blame it on the organisers, cos they weren’t told of how to co-ordinate the event before time. (No Rehearsal)
3. The sound provided by DJ PHYZ was below expectation. There were a lot of sound distortion of microphones throughout the event.
4. No musical artiste/comedian to entertain guests at the event. Artistes performance is vital in an award event.
We kept hearing countless boring and unnecessary musical interludes by the DJ.
Guests are always seen with grim faces when musical interlude is being announced by the HOSTs.
5. No live tweets to feed their twitter/online followers of happenings at the event.
6. The categories were too much (117 categories), that some WINNER didn’t receive their Plaques at the event. Though, they promised to send it to their various locations.
After wasting our precious time at the boring event, the Veteran Television personality Mr Isaac Moses (Host) Announced the closure of the event and that some categories won’t be called.
We saw guests and nominees booing and screaming “No no no no, you must announce the WINNERS even though, the plaques won’t be given to them”
It was obvious, not all plaques were available at the event.
7. The Award Presenters were un-professional and bored. We saw One person presenting award to more than 7 different categories at a go.
It was painful and disheartening to see the HOSTs presenting 80% of the awards to the WINNERS back to back.
8. 70% percent of the WINNER weren’t present at the event to receive their plaque. Maybe, they under-rated the award event.
I adjudge the 6th Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards as unprofessional, wack and my worst ever attended event for now.
Nominees, broadcasters and fans traveled from far and wide to witness boredom instead of the most anticipated fun attached to award events.
I gladly advise the Organiser/Initiator of Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (Mr Kazeem Poopola) to CONSULT Tok86 Int’l (Organisers of Gospelite Music Awards) to manage the subsequent award event or provide professional award event management service to them.
Congratulations to NBMA
Congratulations to All Nominees
Congratulations to All Winners
CEO Tok86 Int’l
Founder/Initaitor Gospelite Music Awards (GomAwards)